Tuesday, September 13, 2016

More time in the Pacific Northwest

This trip we ended up staying the entire 3 weeks on the boat (sometimes we bunk at a friend's nearby home that has a guest room).  The second Monday I met up with a friend from middle school.  It was so great to see her and meet her adorable daughter who is basically V only 4 years younger-fearless and full of fun and energy!  V and I met up with her at a park while the boys played with their WA BFFs.

P had lunch at his old workplace, then took the bus back up to Everett.  He was not impressed with his 2 hour express commuter bus and we were reminded of a major downside to this beautiful place.  The traffic and commuting is completely out of control.  At least the view is nice, I suppose!

Tuesday morning we got to see an old neighbor and check out the sweet remodel she's doing.  They have (had?) one of the smaller floorplans and are expanding over their garage so everyone can stretch out.  It was really exciting to check out and talk about how the kids are all doing now that they are all in gradeschool.

Tuesday afternoon was spent at Peter Kirk park after the wait for Skymania was just too long (the weather report was terrible, but the weather ended up lovely!)  Her son was camping and her daughters are growing up to be very lovely young ladies-one gave me a full report of how the library reserve system worked and what a great idea it was.  The other was very sweet and they played with the kids while my friend (former coworker, roommate and mom friend!) and I could catch up.  She is not on social media and busy with her 3 kids, so we like to basically download the last 6 months every time we see each other!

Wednesday my nephew was due to head back south, so my dad took he and C camping for the night at Mt. Rainier and  the little kids, P and I headed to the Snohomish Athletic Center to check out the Flowrider, waterslides, lazy river and diving boards.  The kids LOVED it and P hung out with a friend from his former workplace on the Flowrider.

Thursday morning I met a friend and her 3 kids (2 of them are EXACTLY V&H's ages) and their new puppy for a park date, then P and I had dinner with one of my former co-workers to catch up and I took P down to a hotel in SeaTac so he could do an interview with a large corporation (they said they liked him but not for that particular position and he's welcome to interview for another job within the company if something catches his eye-I guess that's a nice way to let him down easy).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive