Tuesday, February 7, 2012

While dad's away!

Paul's got curling tonight, so he stopped off at home and put Battleship in the Xbox so I could make some dinner in peace.  Well, sort of. The kids got Annie's Bunny Mac & Cheese (that organic stuff in a box) that was on sale awhile back for 75 cents a box, I haven't eaten yet. While the kids ate, I cut up the fruit snacks we made (see previous post), and got this lemon pull-apart bread ready for dessert. I didn't read the part about letting the dough rise earlier, so I put the oven on 300, turned it off and opened the door (everyone was at the table, so I figured it would be pretty safe) until it was just warm, then closed it and let them rise while we had dinner. I also got our science experiment ready.  When they finished, I had them use a turkey baster to put the hydrogen peroxide (BTW, I just used 3% from grocery store and it worked fine) in to the water bottle while I finished up the bread and got it cooking. Then we did science...  (yes, I bribed them to clear the table)

 Then we exploded some Ivory soap in the microwave
 and the kids had a shower (all 3 in the same shower- it sounds like a frat party, maybe I should check on them instead of blogging....)while I put glaze on dessert (this photo is pre-glaze)

Hopefully they will go to sleep quickly in a sugar-induced coma after a quick book because I need to leave by 7am tomorrow and Paul has to take Carter to school by 8:15 am for Spanish class. Paul is not a morning person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive