Friday, February 24, 2012

Mid-Winter break

Tuesday we had the Vaughns come over. The kids were over the moon to see each other. Now that they are in school full-time and in different districts with different breaks they hardly get to see each other. 

Wednesday we went to Maria's house for yummy Chinese food she and her mom made up, it was fun to have all our kids playing and trying some new foods.  Then we ran to the post office (I know, with 3 kids, what was I thinking????)

Thursday Henri had school and I had some taxes to do, so V & C when to visit A & A... Wednesday morning C asked what day it was and I said Wednesday, "so tomorrow I get to play with A?" they get along really well despite a few years' age difference.

This morning I had MOPs and we collected over this month 2500 diapers in a diaper drive. We assigned a different size to each table with the winner getting the steering team to watch the table's kids so they could have a weekday kid-free outting together.  About 500 went to the church's food bank and the other 2000  the kid and I drove over to Issaquah for the Eastside baby corner.  Then we hit Value Village for a few finds...

1st up was this very good condition, bright, cheery orange teapot. I've been looking at teapots for awhile, they are about $25-$30 new and $12-$15 at Ross This was $5. Would orange be my first choice? Maybe not, but it's bright and happy and in good condition.

Another item I've been after is a cast iron pan. A few recipes I've found call for one and I don't have one. This beauty was $8.


Considering many nice ones are $40 and up, this is great to see if I actually use it or not before investing in one.  I also have been needing a small sauce type pan. I kept one set of pans and gave my other to my grandmother, but I didn't realize I didn't have a really small pan and I've been missing it. For $5 I got this one.



My last find were these little shakers, that I plan to use in my craft room for glitter.  At $7 for 10 of them, I'm happy to see how it works.  I also got $3 off my total for donating some clothing today..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive