Wednesday, February 29, 2012

After a relaxing weekend comes the week...

Valerie's been a bit congested/stuffy, so she's not been sleeping well, which means I'm not sleeping well. I'm also trying to finish The Thousand Autumns of Jacob DeZoet for bookclub, so I'm staying up late. Not a good combination.  Monday we had people over, I worked a little on Carter's crosstitch stocking and watched some kids... basically Monday morning little kids were everywhere and trashed the house, the afternoon we picked up and recouperated. 

Tuesday was a baking/cooking day. First I dropped preschoolers off and spent an hour in the bathroom with Henri. Henri's about 2-3 weeks into potty training, going about 90% in the toilet, when all the sudden control issues are raring their ugly head.  For 20 minutes, "no I don't want to go potty" screaming, crying, etc.  So I gave in and started to leave preschool. Then for 10 minutes. "No, I WANT to go potty"  so 30 minutes after class started I finally got to leave with my snotty girl.  We went to Costco, Albertsons and Whole Foods then I picked up everyone and we started home. The other preschoolers stayed for lunch, which was fine, they all ate some Costco hot dogs while I unloaded the car. Then I put V down for nap and got to work.  First up was making waffles for the freezer.  I had the idea to use a large, Costco sized creamer container for my batter to make it less messy while actually making the waffles.  Two waffle recipes will fit in the container.  It can be shaken up if the ingredients settle during cooking. However the opening is quite small. I'd recommend making up the batter in a large bowl with a spout and pouring it into the creamer container, or using a funnel with a wider opening like this one rather than the standard plastic funnel.


I also opened up the huge #10 can of pears from Costco (pear halves 6pounds for 3.50!)  and used the can to assemble my crockpot swap dinners


I'm making curry chicken from here  lots of fun flavors, should be excellent,  but lots of chopping!

I also made a double batch of the cheddar crackers, but with a smaller cutter. That took FOREVER as well as making 12 servings of scalloped potatoes and running them over for Community Supper.

Wed AM comes. V is up at 4, H is up at 5:30. By 8am, I've been barfed on twice, washed and remade a bed and a couch and showered to get that "just been puked on smell" gone. Lovely.  So I finished up a couple of tax returns, since V was down for nap by 9:30am, I have a curling game tonight and of course now that I'm finally tired enough to rest I need to go pickup Carter at school. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive