Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Welcome Home. Sigh.

We may be back, but last week my mind was still on vacation.  Let's see... among other things we... forgot a birthday present at home, stared at the woman at Costco wanting to be paid wondering why she was looking at me and not saying anything, on and on ad nauseum.

So Monday I was determined to get back in the swing of things.  I got 19/20 things done on my to do list.  Then the kids stopped sleeping. 

Back in college I would get by on 4 hours of sleep and sleep most of Saturday.  No problem.  Now, I really need 6-7 hours.  Uninterrupted would be best. 

Last night was typical: 9:00 I try to get Carter in bed 1/2 hour after bedtime.  No, apparently there are zombies that are in his head that he's afraid of in his room.  I let him sleep in my bed telling him it will not be allowed the next night.  9:30, he's sobbing saying the zombies will not get out of his head.  I am desperate, pleading with him to go to sleep, I'm exhausted, they've been doing this to me for 3 nights, all making sure to get up at least once. but not at the same time.  Finally I say, "I have no idea what to do.  Let's pray about it and see if that will help."  We prayed to God to get the zombies out of his head. Apparently this did the trick, then I read aloud to him from Luke, which is the book I'm on, but also full of great little stories.  Think the human interest magazine portion of the bible.

I finally pass out at 10:30 or 11 next to Carter who is hogging my pillow.  3am Valerie wakes up for a feeding.  I can't feed her in my bed because Carter's there as well as Paul, so now I'm feeding her in the rocking chair in her room.  Get back to bed, sleep about 1/2 hour when Henri wakes up.  Sleep next to him in Carter's bed for about 2 1/2 hours more.  It's been like this since Saturday night.

Henri is also making me insane.  Not doing what I ask, getting into stuff, etc.  I will sell him to the next gypsies that come to the door.  He's almost 2, what can I say.   So this morning he climbed into the pantry "I want this!" pointing to the Halloween Candy is his current favorite thing to do.  He spilled rice everywhere in the process.  During naptime, I have installed a drawer lock on the pantry door.  Drilled the bar into the wall, used Command adhesive to put the latch on the back of the door.  If he gets the latch off, I'll use super glue as it's the back of the door, who cares if I can never get it off.  I'm trying it on the food side first and will update how it's going next week.

The only thing getting me through this week is that my incredible parents are taking the children Thurs night until Saturday evening so I can go to the Creating Keepsakes scrapbook convention with Amanda, my yearly date with her.  You have to be in the hospital to miss it.  I was 3 weeks away from having Henri and we were calling around looking for a wheelchair to put me in since I was on bedrest.  Eye on the prize.  Of course, I know the darlings will all sleep for my parents.  Promise, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive