Friday, November 10, 2023

The Beav 50k

Last weekend I ran my final race of the season, The Beav 50k. I finished in 4th place for females, 2nd in my age division just under 6 hours. I ran as fast as I could because I thought I was in 3rd!  I ended up finishing 18th out of 70 runners. Considering my goal was to be between the top 1/3 and 1/2 (which would have been 23rd-35th) I'm very happy with how the season ended. I was a little tight in my muscles the next day, but nothing was injured or in pain.  Looking forward to focusing on curling a bit more now and trying to build up strength for running to prevent injury next year as well as working on building stregth for working at the curling club so I can try to keep up with Hubby.
 (Photo credit: Sue Sitki Photography)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive