Monday, August 30, 2021

Spring 2021

 Around Easter every year two things happen.  C's birthday and it snows one last time.

We've started serving donuts instead of birthday cake for birthdays-then you only spit on your own cake item when you blow out your candles.








We had THREE sets of dove twins in our gazebo this year. The first set was right before this snow.  Husband took quite a shine to the happy couple and ruminated if we should put some food or heat out for momma bird.  



The snow finally melted and the trails turned muddy but the waterways were again rushing with the soothing creek sounds on runs.








I start cleaning up the flower gardens each spring-I've got one in the back near our hot tub and some in front as well as one at the end of our cul de sac.  I add some annuals in hanging baskets off the back gazebo and under my front windows and this year decided I wanted some pots in front of my garage, but they are so expensive! I had two pallets I'd gotten for free behind Restore a year or two ago and took them apart and made some pot holders.  I was quite pleased with how they turned out.

If you are wondering how to get flower pots to hang on your front windows (the long, rectangle ones) when you have siding, I swapped out the plastic ones I used previously that worked but kept falling down for metal ones this year an they've done much better:  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07V7T855Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I divided the entire pack between my 4 pots.





With everyone home, I feel like I grocery shop and cook a lot.


I was so pleased when Covid numbers started going down towards May/June and we could get out and run again with groups.  I was able to go back up to another group I occasionally join that is a further drive but I get to see new places like this fairy/gnome village in Bronte Conservation area.  There's a whole row of contributions!


I got to run with my regular group along the first Welland Canal.  Note the Canada graffiti:




After husband and I got our vaccines in March and April, C was able to get his 1st when 16 year olds were eligible and he got his 2nd when his brother got his 1st done when the age went down to 12.  After H's 2nd dose we grabbed some ice cream at one of the 3 new places for ice cream that popped up in town this summer.


H made a video to tell how easy it was to get the vaccine. Luckily most of his friends followed suit as soon as they could.



Our cherry trees loaded up a bit earlier than previous years due to some good weather-I got two bowls like this, pitted and froze them to enjoy in the summer and fall.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive