Saturday, August 10, 2019

Swim team and paddleboarding-July

Our little fish is back at swim team this year.  She did quite well in her first meet, but then the rules were changed and she went up an age level. She's still doing well, but the competition is a bit more fierce now.




 
C's been busy this July by taking his P.E. Gym class ahead of high school.  He goes to class every day 830-130 and takes the bus from the elementary school over to a local high school (not the one he will attend).  They run/walk a 5k the first hour, then have a 15 minute snack, then 2 hours of sports (frisbee golf, batting cages, etc.) then 1/2 hour lunch and 1 hour of health class.  So, it's been I and the two little kids this last month.  Because I knew this was coming up and because C will leave the house an hour earlier for school next year, I cut way back on my work hours.  My inlaws have taken the younger kids a day a week so I can get all my work done in one long day.  Other than that the kids took tennis lessons the first two weeks and then a week of paddleboarding.  You may recall H got to take paddleboarding last year for free due to a grant the city received.  We needed to pay this year but V was now old enough to join him so I was able to work the few hours they were there each day the 3rd week.  They had so much fun, V even turned to H the first day and said, "thank you for talking me into this, I had so much fun"  They've gained confidence and even took me out the following week to teach me.
 



 
We also tried out a new waterpark with friends:
 



And they showed us the hot spot for dinner across from Lake Ontario.  We dipped our toes in, but the water was ice cold!!

 
We celebrated V's bday
 
 
Then headed over to our town's Summerfest- on the hottest day of the year. It was 99F with the humidex. 96 without.


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive