Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 Book List

I made it over 52 books for the year!
1. Farm Fatale
2. Little Bee
3. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
4. The Residence (highly recommend this behind the scenes look at the White House)
5.  The Spare Room
6.  Penmarric (good for those who like classics)
7. The Light Between Oceans (I recommend this one!)
8. Year of Yes, Shonda Rhimes (enjoyable)
9.  The Dinner, Herman Koch (ok, but I don't think it was worth all the hype)
10.  Have a New Husband by Friday
11. Lives of the Saints, Nino Ricci (good for those who like classics)
12.  The Almost Nearly Perfect People, Booth
13. Choose Your own Autobiography, Neil Patrick Harris
14. People I want to Punch in the Throat
15. The House we Grew up in, Lisa Jewell (I enjoyed this so much I've been devouring her other books)
16. All The Light We Cannot See (About WW Germany- very good)
17. Ordinary Grace
18. One Brother Shy, Terry Fallis (Canadian Author I very much enjoy-Dry sense of humor and sarcasm)
19. The Golden Compass (I found this hard to read)
20. Gone Girl (disturbing but worth the hype)
21.  Luckiest Girl Alive
22. The Phantom Tollbooth
23. Dream Lover, Berg
24. I take You
25.  13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl
26. Tales of Beatrix Potter
27. Life After Life
28. Full House, Evanovich
29. Common Ground, Jan Karon
30. Broad Influence (very interesting about the influence of women in business and politics)
31. I just Want to be Perfect
32. In this Mountain, Jan Karon
33. A New Song, Jan Karon
34. China Rich Girlfriend, Kevin Kwan
35. After Alice, Gregory McGuire
36. The sisters Chase, Healy (good read)
37. The Ripple Effect (interesting about how sleep and eating well affect all the parts of our lives)
38.  The Third Wife, Lisa Jewell (enjoyed this)
39.  Before I Met You, Lisa Jewell (enjoyed)
40.  The Explosive Child (very insightful for those who have children with outbursts)
41.  Live & Let Growl
42.  The Girls in the Garden, Jewell (mystery I found myself thinking about lots)
43.  Mitford Bedside Companion
44.  Shepherds Abiding, Karon
45.  It Aint So Awful Falafel (YA book I enjoyed)
46.  How Not to Calm a Child on a Plane
47.  Reunion (I think worth the hype)
48.  A Light from Heaven, Karon
49.  The Last Time I Saw you
50. Wonder
51. Out of my Mind (fantastic-similar to Wonder)
52.  My Grandmother Told Me to Tell you She's Sorry (Backman, very interesting and winding)
53. Beartown, Fredrik Backman, Enjoyed this more than I expected to.
54.  I Found You (fantastic mystery, I did figure some of it out before the end, but left me hanging with many chapters, I actually had to stop myself from reading once I thought I figured it out or I'd be up all night)
55.   A Man Called Ove, Fredrik Backman (I really enjoyed this)
56.  A Christmas Carol, Dickens (had never read it in the original format before)
57. And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer ( can read in one sitting-worth it)
58.  Britt-Marie was here, Fredrick Backman (alright, I enjoyed his other books, but this did have a certain charm to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive