
V and C started in split classes, but all 3 have now ended up in straight 7th, 4th and 2nd grade classes as the school has done a little reshuffling between teachers hired for expected students and the students that actually came on the first day. C will be next door this year and next year before going over to the elementary school. His teacher is new to the school and seems young (not brand new, but a little younger than me I would guess) and very excited with her new job. H is in a classroom that is between the upstairs and downstairs in an alcove. He says that there's not much noise from the hallway, but there is noise from the nearby gymnasium. V is still downstairs in the primary grades. H is very excited to apply to volunteer to hand out milk and pizza at lunch time. They all seem pleased with their teachers. They have a new principal and no vice principal this year. The PE classes will be taught by the former learning resource teacher (who has worked with both C and H in the past) who is also the cross country coach.
And in big news, the hubby is going off to work as well! After 2 years off work, he's got a low-stress, 35 hours a week job at a University that's only a 15 minute commute door to door. It's a little different work than he's used to, but he's hopeful it will be something to keep him busy.
It's been very quiet this first week, but I've been very busy with projects I'd put off while the kids were still home and I haven't yet had a chance to sit around with my feet up and eat bon bons. I'm enjoying cooking and baking back in my own kitchen and even made a pie with the cherries I froze from our tree this summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment