Wednesday, September 14, 2016

End of summer break

 
 
 
 
Of course, all good things must come to an end.  For our last few weeks of summer, we lazed around, got the yard back in order from 3 weeks away and kept busy other ways.  C gave me two days to make a Sans for a friend (some video game character that has no commercially available stuffies-at least he gave me the link to a YouTube video and I had most of the supplies on hand...)
I finished 4 minutes before they came to pick him up for the party.
 
We went to the beach one day.

 
V got me back in training for curling season-I've been running, lifting small weights and doing abdominal exercises. I'm planning on curling 4-5 times a week this season.


Paul had baseball games-they just finished up the season last week

V's tooth finally came out (the new one is just popping in this week and the one next to it is lose now)



I was asked to be a matron of honor at my Chicago college roommate's wedding, so I've been making bridal shower invites, samples of wedding invitations and shopping for a dress.
(Shower details are printed on the other side and there's actual tea in the invite!)

 
I must have missed home while I was gone because I've been nesting-baking until the downstairs freezer had to be turned on again and is now full, using pool noodles to keep books from dropping behind the beds and keeping upright the seatbelts.


 

Fine tuning our morning song playlist and making a clock so the kids can keep on schedule in the 45 minutes between wake up time and getting out the door.

 
And the kids are off to school!
 
V was so excited to show off her birthday dress made by Grandma
Grades 6, 3 & 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive