Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Christmas

We went back to WA for 3 weeks over the holidays.  Now that we pay for 5 plane tickets, having the kids take school off for a few days was worth it.  We also opted for 1 week on my parents' boat, 1 week housesitting for a friend and 1 week back on the boat rather than having any hotel stays, we spent the money on a car rental which was a necessity now that we don't fit in most cars, especially with our luggage.  We were able to see both sides of E's family with double visits to the grandparents, spend time with friends and do a little sightseeing in Seattle.

We opened our own family's gifts before leaving since some would be nice to have on the plane:


 
 
Christmas Eve Candlelight service
 
 
Stockings! 
 
 
 



We took the boat out for a spin over to Langley as only Carter had been on the boat while it was in motion... the sun came out for beautiful views...

 
We go out past Everett Naval station. The boys were impressed by the battleships.
 
 

H is grandpa's little captain.  He's enthralled with EVERYTHING about the boat-esp the engine room.



We started our sightseeing at the Chihuly museum in Seattle in Seattle Center. It's pricey, but only V and I had gone before and it's definitely worth seeing once.  I was a little surprised when the kids sat happily through the video at the end of the exhibit showing information about Chihuly.







We checked out the Gingerbread exhibit at the Sheraton with some friends...these creations are taller than an adult...






Seattle from the Seattle Great Wheel . My impression?  I got a little sick on the 3 rotation ride and while it was fun and we enjoyed it, I probably would only take an out of towner on it or do it once just to have done it. I don't think it's one of those things I NEED to do every time I'm in Seattle.

 
We recalled the one thing we definitely don't miss... the traffic....
 
 
 
 
 
 
But we do miss this guy... Mt. Rainier on a sunny day....
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive