Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December-pre Christmas!

Yes, with the advent of Facebook, I'm much more apt to post short updates there more frequently and save the longer updates for here, but posting less frequently.

Since the release at Paul's work, he's been able to take time off for the holidays, which has been awesome.  Completely makes up for the two trips he was gone last month!  I'm going to be sad when we gear back up for January.  Since the kids have been off school, we've literally done nothing but play video and board games in our pajamas (since I got most everything done for the holidays before they got off school). As guilty as I feel about "doing nothing" I do feel more relaxed and have been resting which is probably why the little bit of a cold V and I seemed to be getting disappaited pretty quickly.

Anyways, we were busy the 3 weeks of December before that.

The kids had school concerts:
 

 



Valerie found her red shoes which of course we ladies love.  Incidently, the name of her shoe  style is Valerie from Stride Rite :)





(if you'd like a link to the actual concert footage, let me know... there are other kids in them so I'm not going to put them here....)


It snowed.

 



Then it snowed more.


Bunnies came.


We set up the Christmas tree

 
Valerie continues to like dresses, much to Mom's delight.


Then the snow melted, but an ice storm came in the middle of the night.  As this was our first ice storm, we went out and explored.
Henri wanted to save all the icicles

The track next door looked like the Arctic Ocean


The grass
our poor tree...

The vines that grow over our fence...







Then it snowed again today. This  Christmas Eve morning Henri came downstairs and declared, "it's gonna be a white Christmas! So we went sledding...

Look ma, no hands!
Paul and Henri try
 
Then we went over to the playground-it was slick
 
 
Valerie decided we were too slow in bringing the sled back up and took matters into her own hands
 
Henri takes a break
 


 
Mom got crafty:
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive