The boys had a parade around the track at school (LOVE living next door to their school!)
We went about 3 blocks and ended up with 3 bags of cotton candy, about enough crackers and juice boxes to fill lunchboxes for a week, a freezer basket of chips & two shoeboxes of candy-one Canadian (1/2 from the candy I bought and we didn't have that many trick-or-treaters) and one "other" candy.
We also carved pumpkins... A Minecraft Creeper, Dora the Explorer and a Hockey Mask. Carter did his own drilling...
There was even a Mountie there!
He's on the left
And he got a certificate and a medal.
So Paul wakes me up at 3am the other morning and says, "listen" . Rustling. INSIDE THE WALL. Ack! The good news is it is next to the bathroom, which has drywall, but the screws are exposed and we could get in there because the bathroom's not completely finished.
A few nights later, right after Paul leaves for Seattle, I'm settling into bed and I hear MORE RUSTLING INSIDE THE WALL NEXT TO MY BED. This is a bigger problem because the other side is the cement wall of the cold cellar. Crap. So I go to sleep and it WAKES me up the next morning. Aggggg!!!!
2-3 days pass. I'm taking out the trash and go to put a new bag in about 5 minutes later and what is staring back up at me???
ETA 11/11/2013: He's come back, so at 4pm I set up a trap with peanut butter. 11pm, I hear rustling under the sink. He's a gonner. Sorry, buddy, I gave you a get out of jail free.... now you've made a poor choice. THANK GOD my dad was here and could take the dead little body out of the trap for me since Paul was at curling.....
We also hired a contractor! He's really trying to get the second bathroom completed before my parents get here.... We had a toilet and plumbing and a stack of tiles the former owners left. This week I've bought a vanity and top, shower bar thing, little tiles, shower doors and a pocket door, I'll finish shopping this weekend, including possibly heading over the border for a tankless water heater (there is just way more selection in the US than here in Canada)
First day was making the shower pan. Today they put in some of the tile and carved in a niche for my shampoo, etc....
















Love, love, love Dora! And those might be the best carved pumpkins I've ever seen. I'm embarrassed, but since we didn't make it to the pumpkin patch until the Sunday afternoon before Halloween, we. Never. Carved. Our. Pumpkins.
ReplyDeleteDenise