Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Attack of the Sharpie Marker

Oh, those words mom fear... "Mom, Henri wrote all over with a Sharpie Marker!"  all over the bathroom walls, counter, cabinet, floor, stool & toilet to be more precise.  He heard me coming up the stairs and did the smart thing (depending on your perspective) and locked the door.  However, I'm a mom of 3, and didn't even bother getting out the flathead screwdriver (I recently replaced all the keyed locks with pop button and screwdriver ones) but used my thumbnail to unlock the door from the outside.

I sent him to his room for his safety.  A few kids ago I would have freaked out and Binged online "how to remove Sharpie" but we have 3 kids, this is not our first rodeo with the dreaded Sharpie marker.... I got out the soft scrub and went to work. It pretty much got everything out. Between the scrubbing and fumes, I'd calmed down to go talk to him.
 
Then I went to deal with the offender and found him playing 'possum.... well, actually he was asleep.

 
He woke up around 9pm for a balogna sandwhich and a baby wipe faded most of the marks on his face.  Today I sent him to preschool and informed the teacher it was Sharpie.  This was actually his second time going to school with marker on his face.  Last time he "was a ninja".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive