Saturday, January 5, 2013

Organization strikes again

So after such a motivating post last time, I have to say, if every day was like January 2nd, nothing would ever get done and we would never leave the house.  Even after everyone was dressed and fed, it still took an hour to get out of the house. The second we'd pulled out of the driveway V says, "I poopy!"  Awesome.

Anyways, so I'm still organizing stuff. I cleaned up the basement for the most part but today was deep organization.  File Cabinet and Suitcases under the stairs which never got properly put away after our trip last month. 

In the file cabinet I found about 1/2 a bag to recycle and 1/2 to shred. Also found in there was hubby's bank card we thought we lost about 18 months ago!!! Woohoo!

In the suitcases... I have 2 huge suitcases I used to use when I traveled internationally and you could bring 70 pounds in one bag. Alas, as we all know airline rules have changed and 51 pounds will give you a $100 over poundage fee.  On the Heart of Giving site that serves our local military area, there were two posts, one recently, one back in October for large bags to move overseas with. Military bags have a higher pound limit or none and they only are allowed to take 8 bags and 4 carry on with them.  Can you imagine moving your family with those restrictions to a foreign country?  Anyways, so I sent a message, "I'm an administrator on the page and saw you need large suitcases, but since it was months ago, I'm not sure if you still need them, but I have them and would try to meet somehow to get them to you."  (The area they are from is 1.5 hours away.)  I got an IMMEDIATE response from the post back in October yes she needed them AND she was in my town running errands TODAY.  The Holy Spirit speaks to me again, I listen, something good happens, maybe there's something to this!  So after all this, my suitcase area which usually has stuff falling all over me now looks like this:

Those flip flops tags were given to us from the resort we stayed at.  Each one lists the type of  bag that is in each large suitcase. Ie: "Purple suitcases, laptop bags, detachable straps."  Pretty good for a previously uncloseable closet!
 
The bonus was that in one of those bags was a laptop charger we thought we'd lost about 9 months ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive