So about 18 months ago I was part of a focus group regarding Sonicare toothbrushes (you know the ones that vibrate while you wave them around in your mouth and you are supposed to feel like you just got done at the dentist?) I took my $100 and said, "thanks, but I think I'll stick with my manual toothbrush. My husband's been using one for years and I just don't think it's for me."
Fast forward to about a month ago. Paul's was getting scraggly (not just the top, you can change those, but the bottom was getting gross, etc. anyways....) so he asked me to look for them next time I was out. Well wouldn't you know it Costco had a two pack with travel bags for $20 off. Perfect, I thought. Maybe I'll try it. If I hate it, he has a backup.
So it sat on my counter for a month because they are exactly the same and I wanted to make mine a little different so I wouldn't be sharing germs (yes, we do kiss, but seriously people, sharing toothbrushes is a little different). Well, he's away right now, so I figured I'd pop that baby on the charger and give 'er a whirl. Tonight I finally got up the courage to try it. Here's my initial reaction: I was seduced into trying it partially because the box sais that it brushes gently the first 4 times to get you used to the vibration. So I put my toothpaste on and turn the toothbrush on. It immediately throws my glob of toothpaste into the sink and sprays toothpaste all over the counter. I panic and shut it off, chiding myself for possibly using up one of my gentle uses. I put the toothpaste on a little deeper into the bristles, put it up to my mouth and try again. OMG, no wonder the people in the ads are smiling after using it. I was laughing my butt off because it tickled so danged much. It was as if about 8 gentle bees had been released into my mouth and were searching for a way out. I made it through and was smiling still a little at the end, but I don't think my teeth are any cleaner. Now I'll give it the benefit of the doubt... I never did make it to the shower or brush my teeth this morning. I was organizing all day because it's the 1st and I love making a fresh start and may as well do it in my pajamas. Plus, I was on the gentle setting, so maybe I'll feel "fresh from the dentist" at the higher setting. Though now my dentist is doing seals on everyone so I'm actally more likely to be "sticky from the dentist."
So I'll try it a few more times and see if I get used to it. Before I decide to glam it up so I can figure out that it's mine. Wouldn't want Paul to take it on a curling trip with rhinestones all over it. That could be awkward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- 08/30 - 09/06 (1)
- 08/02 - 08/09 (1)
- 07/26 - 08/02 (2)
- 03/08 - 03/15 (2)
- 12/28 - 01/04 (1)
- 06/29 - 07/06 (2)
- 01/05 - 01/12 (1)
- 12/08 - 12/15 (1)
- 10/27 - 11/03 (1)
- 10/20 - 10/27 (5)
- 07/28 - 08/04 (2)
- 01/28 - 02/04 (1)
- 12/24 - 12/31 (1)
- 11/19 - 11/26 (1)
- 11/05 - 11/12 (5)
- 10/29 - 11/05 (1)
- 10/08 - 10/15 (1)
- 10/01 - 10/08 (6)
- 04/30 - 05/07 (2)
- 12/25 - 01/01 (2)
- 11/06 - 11/13 (1)
- 08/14 - 08/21 (1)
- 07/31 - 08/07 (1)
- 07/17 - 07/24 (2)
- 07/03 - 07/10 (2)
- 06/26 - 07/03 (2)
- 04/24 - 05/01 (1)
- 01/16 - 01/23 (2)
- 01/09 - 01/16 (1)
- 12/05 - 12/12 (1)
- 10/31 - 11/07 (2)
- 08/29 - 09/05 (5)
- 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- 12/06 - 12/13 (5)
- 07/05 - 07/12 (1)
- 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- 04/19 - 04/26 (4)
- 12/22 - 12/29 (8)
- 08/04 - 08/11 (5)
- 03/03 - 03/10 (1)
- 01/13 - 01/20 (3)
- 01/06 - 01/13 (1)
- 09/02 - 09/09 (1)
- 07/01 - 07/08 (5)
- 12/31 - 01/07 (2)
- 12/17 - 12/24 (2)
- 10/08 - 10/15 (1)
- 09/10 - 09/17 (2)
- 08/06 - 08/13 (3)
- 07/23 - 07/30 (6)
- 06/11 - 06/18 (1)
- 05/21 - 05/28 (2)
- 04/16 - 04/23 (2)
- 03/26 - 04/02 (1)
- 03/19 - 03/26 (1)
- 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- 12/11 - 12/18 (1)
- 09/11 - 09/18 (13)
- 06/12 - 06/19 (1)
- 05/29 - 06/05 (1)
- 05/22 - 05/29 (3)
- 05/15 - 05/22 (10)
- 05/08 - 05/15 (1)
- 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- 12/13 - 12/20 (3)
- 09/13 - 09/20 (4)
- 08/09 - 08/16 (1)
- 07/26 - 08/02 (1)
- 07/05 - 07/12 (4)
- 05/17 - 05/24 (1)
- 05/03 - 05/10 (1)
- 03/22 - 03/29 (2)
- 01/25 - 02/01 (1)
- 01/18 - 01/25 (5)
- 11/16 - 11/23 (1)
- 10/26 - 11/02 (2)
- 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- 09/07 - 09/14 (6)
- 08/31 - 09/07 (2)
- 05/25 - 06/01 (1)
- 05/04 - 05/11 (2)
- 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- 04/13 - 04/20 (2)
- 02/23 - 03/02 (2)
- 02/09 - 02/16 (1)
- 12/29 - 01/05 (1)
- 12/22 - 12/29 (1)
- 12/01 - 12/08 (1)
- 11/17 - 11/24 (1)
- 10/27 - 11/03 (1)
- 10/20 - 10/27 (4)
- 09/22 - 09/29 (1)
- 09/08 - 09/15 (1)
- 08/18 - 08/25 (2)
- 08/04 - 08/11 (1)
- 07/28 - 08/04 (1)
- 07/14 - 07/21 (1)
- 07/07 - 07/14 (5)
- 06/23 - 06/30 (1)
- 06/09 - 06/16 (1)
- 06/02 - 06/09 (1)
- 05/26 - 06/02 (1)
- 05/19 - 05/26 (1)
- 05/12 - 05/19 (5)
- 05/05 - 05/12 (2)
- 04/28 - 05/05 (3)
- 04/07 - 04/14 (1)
- 03/31 - 04/07 (1)
- 03/17 - 03/24 (1)
- 03/10 - 03/17 (1)
- 02/24 - 03/03 (1)
- 02/03 - 02/10 (4)
- 01/27 - 02/03 (4)
- 01/20 - 01/27 (1)
- 01/06 - 01/13 (1)
- 12/30 - 01/06 (7)
- 12/23 - 12/30 (1)
- 11/11 - 11/18 (1)
- 10/14 - 10/21 (1)
- 09/23 - 09/30 (1)
- 09/16 - 09/23 (1)
- 09/09 - 09/16 (2)
- 09/02 - 09/09 (1)
- 08/26 - 09/02 (3)
- 08/19 - 08/26 (2)
- 08/12 - 08/19 (2)
- 07/22 - 07/29 (1)
- 07/15 - 07/22 (1)
- 07/08 - 07/15 (4)
- 07/01 - 07/08 (4)
- 06/17 - 06/24 (3)
- 05/27 - 06/03 (2)
- 05/20 - 05/27 (3)
- 05/13 - 05/20 (2)
- 05/06 - 05/13 (3)
- 04/29 - 05/06 (3)
- 04/22 - 04/29 (2)
- 04/08 - 04/15 (2)
- 03/25 - 04/01 (1)
- 03/11 - 03/18 (1)
- 03/04 - 03/11 (2)
- 02/26 - 03/04 (1)
- 02/19 - 02/26 (2)
- 02/12 - 02/19 (3)
- 02/05 - 02/12 (6)
- 01/29 - 02/05 (5)
- 01/22 - 01/29 (2)
- 01/15 - 01/22 (2)
- 01/08 - 01/15 (1)
- 12/25 - 01/01 (2)
- 12/11 - 12/18 (5)
- 12/04 - 12/11 (1)
- 11/27 - 12/04 (2)
- 11/20 - 11/27 (4)
- 11/13 - 11/20 (1)
- 11/06 - 11/13 (1)
- 10/30 - 11/06 (4)
- 10/23 - 10/30 (2)
- 10/16 - 10/23 (5)
- 10/02 - 10/09 (1)
- 09/25 - 10/02 (2)
- 09/18 - 09/25 (1)
- 09/04 - 09/11 (7)
- 08/28 - 09/04 (1)
- 07/24 - 07/31 (1)
- 07/17 - 07/24 (1)
- 07/10 - 07/17 (7)
- 06/26 - 07/03 (2)
- 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- 05/29 - 06/05 (2)
- 05/22 - 05/29 (1)
- 05/15 - 05/22 (3)
- 05/08 - 05/15 (3)
- 05/01 - 05/08 (4)
- 04/24 - 05/01 (3)
- 04/17 - 04/24 (3)
- 04/10 - 04/17 (3)
- 04/03 - 04/10 (5)
- 03/27 - 04/03 (3)
- 03/20 - 03/27 (3)
- 03/13 - 03/20 (5)
- 03/06 - 03/13 (3)
- 02/27 - 03/06 (2)
- 02/20 - 02/27 (9)
- 02/13 - 02/20 (5)
- 02/06 - 02/13 (4)
- 01/30 - 02/06 (5)
- 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- 01/16 - 01/23 (3)
- 01/09 - 01/16 (6)
- 01/02 - 01/09 (6)
- 12/26 - 01/02 (4)
- 12/19 - 12/26 (6)
- 12/12 - 12/19 (5)
- 12/05 - 12/12 (4)
- 11/28 - 12/05 (4)
- 11/21 - 11/28 (10)
- 11/07 - 11/14 (3)
- 10/31 - 11/07 (5)
- 10/24 - 10/31 (1)
- 10/17 - 10/24 (2)
- 10/10 - 10/17 (6)
- 10/03 - 10/10 (5)
- 09/26 - 10/03 (8)
- 09/19 - 09/26 (3)
- 09/12 - 09/19 (1)
- 09/05 - 09/12 (4)
- 08/29 - 09/05 (5)
- 08/22 - 08/29 (1)
- 08/15 - 08/22 (2)
- 08/08 - 08/15 (4)
- 08/01 - 08/08 (2)
- 07/25 - 08/01 (6)
- 07/18 - 07/25 (7)
- 07/11 - 07/18 (2)
- 07/04 - 07/11 (3)
- 06/27 - 07/04 (2)
- 06/20 - 06/27 (5)
- 06/13 - 06/20 (9)
- 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- 05/23 - 05/30 (2)
- 05/16 - 05/23 (2)
- 05/09 - 05/16 (2)
- 05/02 - 05/09 (1)
- 04/25 - 05/02 (1)
- 04/04 - 04/11 (4)
- 03/28 - 04/04 (2)
- 03/21 - 03/28 (2)
- 03/14 - 03/21 (1)
- 03/07 - 03/14 (2)
- 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- 02/21 - 02/28 (1)
- 01/31 - 02/07 (4)
- 01/24 - 01/31 (3)
- 01/17 - 01/24 (2)
- 01/10 - 01/17 (2)
- 01/03 - 01/10 (3)
- 12/27 - 01/03 (2)
- 12/20 - 12/27 (6)
- 12/13 - 12/20 (8)
- 12/06 - 12/13 (1)
- 11/29 - 12/06 (4)
- 11/22 - 11/29 (5)
- 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment