Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fluffy Bread Every time

I've finally figured out how to make my bread fluffy and like store bought after about 2 months of trial and error. Here's the secret. It's not the recipe, it's HOW you make it.


The key is HOW you make it.  For wheat, multigrain or white.



I’ve been using this 7 grain recipe that uses hot cereal as a base and since it’s not so wheaty the kids love it.  This last time I almost made it too fluffy, tho, lol!






So the key is to mix in a bread maker on the dough setting. (I only make ½ of the recipe as this one makes 2 loaves, we just don’t eat enough bread to go through 2 loaves. Do enough for either a 1 pound or 1 pound loaf.  Then take the dough out. Push into your bread pan. If you are using a Pampered Chef stone one that is not thoroughly seasoned or a regular loaf pan, use some non-stick spray. LET IT RISE AGAIN! 

My kitchen never seems warm enough so what I do is put about a cup of water in my microwave and heat for 2-3 minutes until boiling. Then take out the water and let the bread pan sit in the microwave oven with the door closed (basically you’ve turned your microwave into a proofing oven) let it rise until it’s as big as you want it, probably 20-40 minutes, then bake at about 350-375 for about 35 minutes until it’s as dark as you want. 

 Try turning it out onto a cooling rack when you take it out, but if it doesn’t pop out, let it sit in there for 10 minutes, the steam will loosen it, do not try to dig it out with a knife. 



Hope that helps, I’ve tried it with several different recipes and always get wonderful, fluffy bread this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive