Saturday, March 31, 2012

Just an update

So things are still busy here as usual. We're gearing up for Carter's SEVENTH birthday party! Not one of my usual fancy, crazy things, but he's having some kids over, on his actual birthday, after school, they'll eat pizza and build with the 5,000,000 legos we have and everyone will go home with a little lego set (assuming they arrive from Toys R Us in time)

I've been busy putting Valerie's crazy hair that I have yet to cut into pig tails...


We went to the Tacoma Children's Museum, which was awesome and also to the Pike Place Market on a rare sunny Saturday and bought some awesome king crab legs and ate like kings on the back deck.

I've been making a new bread recipe that's lighter than the whole wheat one I'd been making. I've been making only 1/2 the recipe for one loaf, but everyone seems to like it enough I may start making 2 at a time. I'm still making my crazy Amish bread in every flavor I can think of and stashing it in the freezer. I'm still cooking 8 meals at a time and swapping with people.

I'm also still on my Jillian Michael's/Green Smoothie kick. Amazing things are happening... I'm losing pounds, my belly is starting to slim down and I'm getting stronger. I am back up to doing 5 pound weights and I'm making it through all my workouts. Even the advanced levels. No one has really noticed except myself and Paul. I'm not buying smaller clothes yet, but my current clothing fits better and I'm needing a belt more often than not. 

I'm still adjusting my afternoon as I'm STARVING in the late afternoon... I either need to add some protein or a 3rd smoothie to get me through until dinner.

I think we're also doing well on our grocery budget. I'm sticking to my $500-$525 a month, which, Paul realized with me is $25 per person per week, which is pretty darned good when you think about it.

Even with all the produce for the smoothies. And the last few months we haven't gone over, but we are WELL stocked, in fact, I have lots of diced tomatoes, tortillas, whole wheat pasta, rice and possibly black beans that I need to get cooking into freezer meals except that the freezers' pretty darn full. So most of my grocery stopping is fresh fruit/veggies and milk, esp now that we're making our own bread.

So, same old same old domestic life.

1 comment:

Blog Archive