Saturday, February 18, 2012

Games & Cookies

Besides beginning to work on taxes for friends and family, I tried two new recipies for cookies this week and Paul brought home some new games.  The cookies are Molasses Pops (from a cookie cookbook I have) that are like a mild gingerbread cookie, but rolled into a ball and into sugar, like a snickerdoodle.  The other are from pinterest- Apple Toffee Blondies and were quite tasty, they are for a memorial for a woman at church.

Paul brought home Agricola , Power Grid, Forbidden Island and Pandemic games.  Forbidden Island and Pandemic we've played with Carter (rated age 10 and 13) and they are co-operative games where players work together to finish the game before time runs out due to circumstances throughout the game.  Agricola is a little more complicated-There's a basic "family" version that Carter has played with us and Paul and I have played with the cards added in and it may be a bit too frustrating for Carter, but we're having fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive