Saturday, November 26, 2011

If you love Cake Wrecks, you are going to LOVE this post.

Have you seen the Cake Wrecks blog?  It's when professional cakes go horribly wrong. I'm pretty sure Henri's cake will be on by the end of the week.  Let me explain. So, when Carter turned 3, my mom used the same Lightning McQueen cake pan and make this great cake. 


I've seen my mom make hundreds of cakes over my lifetime, I thought, "how hard could it be?" Oh, my. Harder than you'd think. I pulled out my Pampered Chef Decorator Gun, not realizing the tips are probably way bigger than I should have been using, and this is how my cake ended up.



But I had a ton of fun playing with the tips on the cupcakes.  At first, I was terrified. Tomorrow is the party. My backup plan involves Costco on a Sunday. But a few glasses of wine later, I couldn't stop laughing at the poor thing.

Most fun and fastest to ice:


1 comment:

  1. I think it still looks great! But the cupcakes are questionable... I hope the party is great! Tell Henri I said Happy Birthday! I'm there in spirit. I have gifts for all to send!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive