Carter is a Repeater from Plants v. Zombies (video game for those not in the know). I just threw on a dress I found in the Halloween bin and threw on a bunch of jewelry. I don't often get to go to Carter's functions because we have the two little ones at home. But I LOVE doing it when I can because several things happened.
First, several girls came up to me and told me I looked beautiful. I can tell from the photo I'm a little thick in the middle for this dress and I threw my hair up in a makeshift bun after a shower. But these sweet girls thought I looked like a princess! One of the girls asked to take this picture of Carter and I for me. Second, another mother that was there said she didn't dress up because her daughter said it would embarrass her, whereas my son had ASKED me to dress up! Third, Carter was THRILLED I was there. He smiled, hugged me, jumped up and down and made sure everyone knew who I was. I relish these moments where he's still thrilled to have me around because I know, sometime soon, he'll be embarrased to be seen with me.
After running relay races at their party, I headed home to rest for an hour before we had to pick Carter up, then we went to Paul's work and walked around to collect candy. Since Plants v. Zombies is played on Xbox, people loved Carter's costume, Valerie & Henri were just plain cute.
Then we came home and had dinner with our friends and went trick or treating.
Carter & his friends took the lead. Henri got a shoulder lift from their friends' dad, Valerie LOVED trick-or-treating and was adorable.
She didn't carry her bag, but went up steps, walked most of the way, went up to the door and picked one, single candy out of the bowl and walked away. She'd then put it in her mouth.
Then I'd have to make her scream by taking it and putting it in the bag. Until she saw another opportunity for candy and smile big, then head to the next door.





Yeah Shelby is still excited when I show up at school. But I know the day will come where she won't be :(
ReplyDelete