Saturday, April 23, 2011

Egg hunts and tulips

I was quite ambitious when planning today.  We went to the neighborhood egg hunt... where Carter was with the other Kindergarteners


Waiting... we were the first ones there.  Did I mention Henri got up at 5:30 this morning?



Carter hunted across the park with the big kids



Henri made a killing in the under3 area.  The kid was an egg hunting machine!




Then we headed off to our church's egg hunt.  Henri had a hard time focusing during the story time...

He tried finding a place to sit...




But eventually bided his time sticking stickers on his shirt...




But finally we searched for eggs and had fun, then ran out of there to try to meet Jane for lunch at McDonald's to head up to the tulip fields.  Along with the rest of Western Washington.  We tried to make it for noon, by 12:45 we finally made it through the traffic.  That's right. A little over an hour to get from Kirkland to south Arlington.  Henri & Valerie napped.  We got Happy Meals, the babies woke up. Then we sat in more traffic. Valerie cried, the boys played with Happy Meal toys, toys from Jane and toys from the Easter Egg hunt and Jane and I had time to catch up. We finally reached a field at FOUR PM. 

I tried really hard to get a picture with all three of them looking up.  This is what I got before Carter squinted the rest of the time, and the babies found the dirt, which of course was more fun than the photo shoot.

I got no pictures of just Jane and just I or the two of us together :(



Then I gave up and tried just following around the little ones and got a few cute shots...

  then Henri discovered the mud...




It's now 10pm and the babies are being baptised  tomorrow. Carter & Henri are fast asleep, Valerie's playing at my feet and Paul is leaving BC tonight to make it back in time.  He's missing 2 championship games in order to be there as they are currently in first place in their last curling tournament of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive