Sunday, September 26, 2010

We survived!

Remember that exhausting schedule of things from yesterday's post that we were to do today?  Yep, we did them all and even were within 5 minutes of on time to all of them, woohoo!!!!

Bedtime even went great, only two times of pulling Henri off Carter's bed where he'd climbed up to turn on the overhead light to play before he fell asleep.  So bedtime ran about 30 minutes behind, but that's because we did a quick clean up of the house so I don't have to wake up to a disaster zone tomorrow morning.  I think it's worth it, but we'll see when I'm trying to get kids out of bed in the morning.

On the way to swimming this morning the following conversation was had:

Carter: “Mom, I wish I could marry Valerie.”


Me: “Well, honey, you aren’t allowed to marry your sister.”

Carter: “But mom, she’s so beautiful.”

Me: “You can’t marry closer than a second cousin. What about Isabel?” (my aunt’s daughter that is 8 months older than Carter)

I LOVE that my kids are not only crazy about each other, but that they are generally happy, joyful kids.  Makes the exhaustion a little easier to handle when I see smiles most of the time!
 
On another front, my voice is almost back, so I checked out my yelling abilities by yelling at Henri to get back in the tub twice.  So much for my 3 days streak of not yelling at the kids.  Sigh. 
 
Oh, and Henri can say Valerie's name now.  Video is on my camera, I PROMISE to share it and pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive