This third trimester has hit me hard! I'm exhausted! Of course Henri has decided he'll sleep 3 hours on the days when Carter is home and wants to play Mario Kart during little brother's nap (he's gotten quite good, definitely a worthy competitor now!) and today when I had no plans and the house to just the two of us this afternoon? 45 minutes. I kid you not.
So, I've been a zombie most of the afternoon, but the kids are perfectly happy. Henri keeps running around yelling "Maaa Maaa" and "Caaa Taaa" and is happy happy happy today. Carter's gotten to play 2 hours of Mario Kart with a short break to go to the bathroom and clean up some toys for me.
Yesterday, we had an unplanned day, which Henri hates (he likes to get out of the house) but Carter (my homebody) loved. We only went out to get porch paint and I figured while we were out I'd get the kids McDonalds' Happy Meals for lunch. It's the little things that make them happy!
My glucose test results also came back yesterday, I passed with flying colors. Now I'm just feeling like a time bomb. I'm now going to the doctor every 2 weeks as we are waiting to see if I do as usual and hit 32-34 weeks and have my blood pressure skyrocket and end up on bedrest. I'm also feeling very pregnant. Besides exhausted, being comfortable when sitting or sleeping is hard, there's 3 pounds of baby in there! The carpel tunnel also is flaring up, so when I do my 10 pm bedtime I'm trying to stick to or my 1 hour afternoon nap I am wearing a brace on at least the right wrist. I'm also cutting down my MarioKart races with Carter to one in a row, rather than two :)
We had our swimming progress reports and I was really surprised at Carter, who was back swimming the entire length of the pool past Henri and I last week! She said only one more skill and he'd be in the advanced class! He's only taken intermediate once! I'm really proud of him.
And the house is almost done! Just some touchup and finishing the stairs, which will be grey.
No comments:
Post a Comment