Friday, February 5, 2010

Carter's Quips & Henri 14 month update

Carter's turning into quite the chatterbox and funny man.  Recently heard at our house:

Carter noticed the wafflemaker out, "Your mom has one of those, but it cooks stuff." Then I pass this gem on to my mom and she says she was making them one morning and Carter was going nuts trying to figure out how she made them without using a toaster.

Carter singing with his safety scissors, "I'm safety scissors, I love to be safe..." He likes to make up songs when he thinks no one is watching/listening.

Carter's wisdom of the day after catching me eating his Halloween candy: "just don't eat too much, it's not good for your teeth."

Carter told me while watching some roofers working, "I hope it's not a crappy day"

Me: If you get it on the floor, I'll just vacuum it up. Carter: Mom, Don't you get tired of cleaning up the house?

Carter brings up the Gatorade I bought from the stairs, "Here, Mom... I brought these up so you don't have to break your arms off"

Now on to Henri.  At 14 months, Henri...

Walks 75% of the time.  He's getting faster.  He points and asks his version of "what's that?"  He talks.  A lot.  I have no idea what he's saying.  He's consistent about bye-bye waving and saying Da-Da when he waves.  He is into everything and climbing!  I never know what piece of furnature he'll be on next.  He's good about being left with people.  As our Canadian family would say, "He's not strange with people."

He's also getting a sense of humor and figures out when something I or Carter or Paul do is funny and gives a big belly laugh.

He is sleeping through the night. 7:30-5am, then warm bottle in my bed will get him to sleep another 1-2 hours. Finally.  Now to get myself to do the same (I keep waking up to listen for him.)  I'm thinking of cutting back or eliminating my morning cup of coffee or switching to tea.

1 comment:

  1. Carter is a real kick! I love reading what he has to say, cracks me up every time!

    Henri and Liam have the same sleep schedule. I nurse Liam at 5am, and he sleeps until 7:30, I wish he would just sleep until 7:30! Sheesh! Glad you are getting him to sttn though, and you know what I would say about the coffee....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive